New python.org website

robin escalation746 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 21:44:15 EST 2006

"Michael Tobis" <mtobis at gmail.com> wrote:

>While the new one is much better than the old website, the logo strikes
>me as awful.

I personally believe the new logo is miles better than the old one.
Whether you see snakes or a plus-sign or a yin-yang, it has a nice
harmonious look that still captures some playfulness.

Besides, why is everyone fixated on snakes? Python the language has
nothing to do with python the constrictor.

As far as the layout goes, I still find it too busy. Specifically
there are too many fonts on the one page. But I have already made that
point, and did an entire version of the homepage, which the team have
taken as input.

Anyone who has the time can do the same, rather than simply comment
from the sidelines. The best websites never stay still, but are
constantly evolving. I hope python.org can do the same, and go from
strength to strength.

Congratulations to all involved!
-----
robin