Python Evangelism

Gerard Flanagan grflanagan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 05:43:53 EST 2006

Steve Holden wrote:
> I've been thinking (and blogging) about python evangelism since PyCon,
> as a result of which I created a squidoo lens:
>
>    http://www.squidoo.com/pythonlogy
>
> Imagine my surprise at discovering that this has gone up in rank (by
> number of views) from # 442,000 or so to #153! Clearly there's some
> mileage in marketing Python, and I'd like to keep the buzz going if it
> means more people will adopt the language.
>
> Any suggestions for improvement?

 '-nology' not '-nlogy' in the link.

I like the 'What's Happening on Planet Python' section - I find the
planetpython.org gives too much of an intro to the pages it links to. A
line or too, as in the lens site,  would be preferable in my view.
Just a thought - would a similar section be suitable for 'python.org'
main page?

Gerard