what's the general way of separating classes?

Mon Mar 20 14:43:07 EST 2006

bruno at modulix wrote:

>> It seems like this can
>> get out of hand, since modules are separate from one another and not
>> compiled together. You'd end up with a lot of import statements.
>
> Sorry, but I don't see the correlation between compilation and import
> here ?

I meant that in a language like C#, which compiles all the separate
files into one program, it is not necessary to have the equivalent of an
import/include type of statement. You can just refer to the classes from
any other file. But in Python, without this behavior, you must
explicitly import any external files. At least, I think I have that
correct in my head. :)