python-announce moderation (was: Re: ANN: ClientForm 0.2.2 released)

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu Mar 23 14:53:16 EST 2006

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <mailman.3587.1143138361.27775.python-list at python.org>,
> John J Lee  <jjl at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> >Hmm, hschilling at nasa.gov, who are you?  python-announce moderator?  I
> >didn't put you on my To: line (nor python-list for that matter, but I
> >guess that's a reasonable place for it to go...).
> >
> >Also FYI, it ended up going to wwwsearch-general twice, I guess because
> >the you (or the moderation software) forwarded it there after moderation,
> >which isn't really necessary.
>
> Huh???

Sorry.  I forgot my reply wouldn't include the headers (should have
hit 'forward' instead of 'reply'.

I sent the message I quoted "To: python-announce at python.org,
wwwsearch-general at lists.sourceforge.net".  It arrived at the latter
list.  A while later, it got moderated for python-announce, and was
sent out like so:

Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:25:57 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
From: John J Lee <jjl at pobox.com>
To: hschilling at nasa.gov
Cc: wwwsearch-general at lists.sourceforge.net, python-list at python.org
Subject: [wwwsearch-general] python-announce moderation (was: Re: ANN: ClientForm 0.2.2
    released)

I wondered where that To: line came from (I don't even know who
hschilling at nasa.gov is), and why it was sent to wwwsearch-general
again (there was no need, since my original To: line already got it to
that list).

No real harm done, but I'm curious and thought something needed
fixing.

John