Python as an extension language

James Stroud jstroud at ucla.edu
Mon Mar 6 15:18:10 EST 2006

Torsten Bronger wrote:
> Hallöchen!
>
> Sybren Stuvel <sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination> writes:
>

>>Torsten Bronger enlightened us with:
>>

>>>I already know how to do that in principle.  My only concern is
>>>distributing the thing, especially for the Windows platform.
>>
>>Check out distutils and py2exe.
>

> I know that py2exe can convert a Python script into an EXE file,
> however, I have no Python script.  I only have C++ source code, and
> I'd like to avoid saying, "well, please install my little EXE and
> this 10MB Python MSI for scripting it".
>
> Tschö,
> Torsten.

Even if you had 30 different things to install to make your program
work, you could bundle them into one double-clickable installer with
inno setup. Usage is very easy. Also, read the FAQ and knowledge base
entirely if you want to make pretty slick installers. Link:

   http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

James

--
James Stroud