what's the general way of separating classes?

Mon Mar 20 10:42:43 EST 2006

 From my brief experience with C#, I learned that it was pretty standard
practice to put each class in a separate file. I assume this is a
benefit of a compiled language that the files can then be grouped together.

What I'm wondering is how is this normally handled in Python? Is it
normal for classes to be put in separate modules? It seems like this can
get out of hand, since modules are separate from one another and not
compiled together. You'd end up with a lot of import statements.

Are related classes put into a single module then? Or is there some
recommended method for how to handle this?

Thanks.