Problem with dbi, odbc module and Oracle 9.2 - suffixed "L" with number data type

dananrg at yahoo.com dananrg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 16:38:08 EST 2006

Thanks Andrew.

> I've been bugging ESRI about upgrading, and I'm sure others have too.

The beta of ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 ships with Python 2.4, so I imagine the
release of ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 this summer will also ship with Python
2.4. I've read threads recently on the geoprocessing / scripting
support.esri.com of people using Python 2.4 successfully for
geoprocessing but I've not tried to install it yet.

Check out:

http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=93&f=1729&t=157014

And also this support article:

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=26872

Let me know if you have any luck with this.

Dana