Suggestions for documentation generation?

Bo Peng bpeng at rice.edu
Sat Mar 4 18:30:27 EST 2006

kpd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have written a C++ library that I've then wrapped with Pyrex.
> Any suggestions to the best-in-class tool to create documentation for
> the libraries?
>
> I would love to document things in one spot (could be the code) and
> generate html and PDF from there.
>
> Doxygen (www.doxygen.org) looks to be about the best so far.

I was facing the same problem and took the following approach:

1. write c++ code with doxygen-complaint comments
2. generate XML comments using doxygen
3. parse XML and generate Python docstring
4. insert the docstring into SWIG interface file

I can send you the parser but I do not know if pyrex support python
docstring.

Bo