Use empty string for self

Wed Mar 1 00:36:21 EST 2006

Grant Edwards wrote:

>> A related thing I was wondering about was the use of 'self' in
>> class methods as the first parameter.
>
> It's not a related thing, it's the same thing.

Oh sorry. I thought the OP was asking about having to use self when
qualifying attributes, or even if he was, I didn't realize it was the
same principle as my question. And just now I was reading about new
style classes, and it also seems like a bit of extra typing to have to
subclass object, but I guess that isn't something that can be implied
right now either.