do design patterns still apply with Python?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 22:18:01 EST 2006

gene tani <gene.tani at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a couple Alex M slideshows and a couple discussions of
> Creational/Structural / Behavioral patterns
>
> http://www.strakt.com/docs/ep04_pydp.pdf

And more of my stuff (including slideshows on Design Patterns in Python,
and one essay "Five easy pieces" on the Borg DP) can be found by
starting at my homepage, http://www.aleax.it -- I've long dreamed of
writing a book about Design Patterns and methodology in/for/with Python,
but, it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

> i think mostly i flip thru the Oreilly cookbook whenever i need
> something.

Yes, we have substantial numbers of DPs there, too, both 1st and 2nd
editions (more, I believe in the 2nd ed).

Alex