Problems writing to file

Bernard Lebel 3dbernard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:47:51 EST 2006

Hello,

I have this strange problem. I have written a program that writes a
log to a log file.

To start the program (I'm on Linux Fedora Core 3), I used a service.
This service runs a bash file, wich in turn runs the Python top
program file.

Sooner or later the program stops writing to the log file. I have
absolutely no clue why would that happen. Since the output of the
Python program is not redirected other than to this log file, I have
no idea why it's doing this. But the Python process appears still
alive and well!

But the strange thing is that if I run the program directly from a
bash shell, no problem whatsoever, the programs runs smoothly and
never stops writing to the file, until I kill it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Bernard