"RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration" ; Good atomic copy operations?

robert no-spam at no-spam-no-spam.com
Sat Mar 11 10:30:20 EST 2006

EleSSaR^ wrote:

> robert si è profuso/a a scrivere su comp.lang.python tutte queste
> elucubrazioni:
>
> [cut]
>
> I don't know what's your code like, but a similar error occurred in some of
> my software and it was my fault indeed. I think you should either use a
> lock, or implement a deepcopy method of your own.

100s of locks? no (see other message). It should be

own deepcopy: thus, do you already know if the existing deepcopy has the
same problem as cPickle.dump ?    (as the problem araises rarely, it is
difficult for me to test it out)

Robert

PS: how does ZODB work with this kind of problem? I thought is uses cPickle?