logging module, multiple handlers

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 29 12:44:55 EST 2006

bneron at gmail.com wrote:

> I use the logging module include in Python 2.4 distribution, and I 'd
> like to have a logger witth several Handlers .
> I know how to do this by coding in python, but could I specify this
> directly in the logger configuration file?

See in

http://docs.python.org/lib/logging-config-fileformat.html

the text which says,

"The handlers entry is a comma-separated list of handler names, which
must appear in the [handlers] section. These names must appear in the
[handlers] section and have corresponding sections in the configuration
file."

So...add multiple handler names in the "handlers" entry for a logger to
get those handlers added to the logger.