Error in Chain of Function calls

Girish Sahani girish at cse.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jun 9 02:31:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

There is a code in my main function which is something like:

        while prunedFinal != []:
            prunedNew = genColocations(prunedK) ***
            tableInstancesNew = genTableInstances(prunedNew,tableInstancesK)
            tiCountDict = tiCount(tableInstancesNew)
            tiDict = findPI(tableInstancesNew)
            prunedFinal = pruneTI(tiDict,pi)
            rulesDict = genRules(prunedFinal)
            cpDict = findCP(rulesDict)
            prunedRulesList = pruneCP(cpDict,cp)
            prunedK = prunedFinal
            tableInstancesK = tableInstancesNew
        else:
            return prunedRulesList

prunedK and tableInstancesK are defined in the main function. Before the
main function, i have defined the other functions such as
genColocations,genTableInstances,etc. Output of genColocations is to be
given to the next function genTableInstances,output of this function to
tiCount and findPI, and so on.
However i am getting an error at the line marked with ***.

Also,i am getting a ValueError in the code below:

              for s in prunedNew:
                substrings = [s[:i]+s[i+1:] for i in range(len(s))]
                for string in substrings:
                    if string not in prunedK:
                        prunedNew.remove(s)
                        continue
                    continue

The error is:
prunedNew.remove(s)
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Could anyone enlighten me as to why i'm getting these two errors??

Thanks a lot,
girish