The Nature of the “Unix Philosophy”

William Ahern william at 25thandClement.com
Fri Jun 9 00:33:21 EDT 2006

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:41:13 +0000, Richard Bos wrote:

> Frank Silvermann <invalid at invalid.net> wrote:
>
>> Nils O. Selåsdal wrote:
>>
>> > Perhaps you should take a peek at the ideas in Plan 9 from Bell Labs,
>> > which is  a continuation of this philosophy, unlike the "modern" unix
>> > clones.
>> Is there an actual Plan 9?  I'm only aware of the one from Outer Space.
>
> <http://cm.bell-labs.com/plan9/>.
>
> But directing the OP there would be futile, as is discussing such
> off-topic matter on comp.lang.c.
>
> Richard

Not totally off-topic. The Plan 9 "C" compiler supports some noteworthy
additions and changes to the language. Certainly, in contrast, elucidative
of standard C. Plus, you gotta love anonymous structures and unions ;)
GCC supports them, and so does TinyCC I think.