wxPython GUI designer

Tim N. van der Leeuw tim.leeuwvander at nl.unisys.com
Thu Jun 22 04:20:13 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:
> Are there any good commercial project built with wx ? I am a newbie and
> a have to write a small application in Python. I was wondering which
> optin would be best for me in terms of least learning curve and getting
> the final product ASAP.
>
> Thanks

It's not a commercial project, but the current BitTorrent beta's
(versions 4.9.x) are written with wx ...

To me, the appearant lack of a good and easy-to-use multi-column tree
widget was a showstopper to diving deeper into wxPython, though. I
decided to use PyGTK for now, which I'm a bit more familiar already and
which I know has a multi-column tree good enough for me (and I found it
easy to add inline-editing too).

I don't know how good PyQT is on windows; other than that, in my
opinion PyGTK gives the best / most complete GUI for Python with
reasonable ease-of-programming.

Cheers,

--Tim