Using SQLite3 with python 2.5 beta

Harold Shore hshore at 1st-spot.net
Thu Jun 22 21:43:42 EDT 2006

>From the release notes I read that

"If you're compiling the Python source yourself, note that
the source tree doesn't include the SQLite code, only the
wrapper module. You'll need to have the SQLite libraries
and headers installed before compiling Python, and the build
process will compile the module when the necessary headers
are available."

I do have SQLite3 installed on my system, but after doing a
plain vanilla compilation of the the 2.5 beta and trying
the SQLite code given in the release notes I get the message
"NameError: name 'sqlite3' is not defined".

I wonder what the requirement means that "when the necessary
headers are available"?  How would they need to be made
available?

Does anyone have any success with this?