Problem on win xp and run time error

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Tue Jun 20 11:49:43 EDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 07:32:34AM +0000, Michele Petrazzo wrote:
> Chris Lambacher wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 06:11:53PM +0000, Michele Petrazzo wrote:
> >> Hi list, just found in this moment that my applications stop to
> >> work with win xp and receive this error:
> >>
> >> """ This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in
> >> an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for
> >> more information. """
> >>
> >> (Note that the same application [python source code + py2exe] with
> >> python 2.3.x work well!)
> > Don't use the single file executatble option with py2exe and the
> > problem will go away.
> >

> I'm not using that option! (that has also problems on win9x with python+wx)
Do you get the problem when you are not using py2exe?  That will be your real
clue about what the culprit is.

> I'm not using any of the "bundle_files" options, but only:
>   zipfile = "lib/libraries.zip"
Try setting that to the default value for the moment and see if it gets you
anywhere.  You might also want to try an older version of py2exe.  I would
blame an interaction between py2exe and some extension you are using, unless
you can get it to happen without py2exe.