ANN: PyGUI 1.7.2-1

hale at tulane.edu hale at tulane.edu
Mon Jun 12 22:17:28 EDT 2006

greg wrote:
> I have uploaded a new PyGUI 1.7.2 package to correct
> a couple of errors in the setup.py file.
>
> http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python_gui/

> What is PyGUI?
> --------------
>
> PyGUI is an experimental highly-Pythonic cross-platform
> GUI API. Implementations are currently available for
> MacOSX and Gtk. For a full description of the project
> goals, see the PyGUI web page at the above address.
>
> --
> Greg

I downloaded the new version of PyGUI, but I am having
some problems with running it in the IDLE ide.

I will use BlobEdit.py as an example.

If I run the the makefile, then blobedit runs ok as an application.

If I use the terminal, and execute pythonw with argument blobedit.py,
then it runs ok.

However, if I try to run blobedit.py in the IDLE ide, I get an error
since it tries to open a file when no file was given. Looking at your
code, I see that you noticed certain situation where this occurs
and tried to handle it by comparing path == sys.argv[0] and skipping
opening the file in this case.

But, when running it within IDLE, the path is equal to "8833" for some
reason. I tried to hunt down where the problem occurs, but I was led
to the method "application_openFile_(self, ns_app, path)" in the
class _PyGui_NSApplication. I couldn't find out how this method
ever got called though.

Is there some way to work around this problem?

Thanks.

-- Bill Hale