Amara: Where's my attribute?

AdSR artur_spruce at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 08:58:40 EDT 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> [cut]
> the documents are 100% identical in XML infoset terms, so what's the problem here ?

Looks like the problem is somewere else, after all: Some software
relies on these "unused" xmlns attributes, most notably XML Schema
tools. Which is unfortunate, because xmlns attributes indeed have the
full right to receive special treatment.

> > I see that people have reported similar problems with other XML toolkits, so I guess this is a
> > general namespace ugliness.
>
> lack of namespace understanding, more likely.

May I suggest a saying: Never attribute to lack of knowledge what you
can attribute to confusing signals :)

Yours truly,
AdSR