Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Thu Jun 22 17:03:44 EDT 2006

Xah Lee wrote:
> in March, i posted a essay “What is Expressiveness in a Computer
> Language”, archived at:
> http://xahlee.org/perl-python/what_is_expresiveness.html
>
> I was informed then that there is a academic paper written on this
> subject.
>
> On the Expressive Power of Programming Languages, by Matthias
> Felleisen, 1990.
> http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/cobbe/pl-seminar-jr/notes/2003-sep-26/expressive-slides.pdf
>
> Has anyone read this paper? And, would anyone be interested in giving a
> summary?
>
> thanks.
>
>    Xah
>    xah at xahlee.org
>http://xahlee.org/

Looking this thread growing it appears to me, that at least one thing
becomes evident here:

Xah unwillingness to learn from the bad past experience contaminates
others (who are still posting to his trolling threads).

Here another try to rescue these ones who are just virgin enough not to
know what I am speaking about:

Citation from http://www.xahlee.org/Netiquette_dir/_/art_trolling.html :
"""
What I want this document to focus on is how to create entertaining
trolls. I have drawn on the expertise of the writer's of some of
Usenet's finest and best remembered trolls. Trolls are for fun. The
object of recreational trolling is to sit back and laugh at all those
gullible idiots that will believe *anything*.
[...]
Section 5    Know Your Audience
Remember that you have two audiences. The people who are going to get
the maximum enjoyment out of your post are other trollers. You need to
keep in contact with them through both your troll itself and the way you
direct its effect. It is trollers that you are trying to entertain so be
creative - trollers don't just want a laugh from you they want to see
good trolls so that they can also learn how to improve their own in the
never ending search for the perfect troll.
[...]
Section 6    Following-Up
Try not to follow-up to your own troll. The troll itself quickly becomes
forgotten in the chaos and if you just sit back you can avoid being
blamed for causing it. Remember, if you do follow up you are talking to
an idiot. Treat them with the ill-respect they deserve.
"""

Claudio Grondi (a past 'gullible idiot' who learned to enjoy the fun of
being the audience)