Py2exe make wxPython window looks bad

zdp zhaodapu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 03:40:41 EDT 2006

Dear all:

I made a window program by wxPython. Split windows, treectrl, listctrl
and textctrl are used. When I program in python, the look & feel of the
window controls are like the windos XP look & feel, with thin and flat
border (My os is window XP). It's natural because, as I know,  wxPython
use native look and feel.

But when I convert the program to EXE file by Py2exe, and run it, the
look & feel is bad. It's just like the windows 9x. All controls has a
thick and emboss border. However, the scrollbars look good, same as the
window XP.

So I'm puzzled. What's the problem and how can I get a XP look & feel
window program? Should I add some code in my program to set the look
and feel, or, set some options in py2exe script to force the generated
exe has specified look and feel?

The setup.py is very simple as following:

import sys, os
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
import glob