[OT] code is data

Anton Vredegoor anton.vredegoor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 10:21:23 EDT 2006

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:

> You mean like 'converting' javascript to python or python to ruby (or
> converting any home-grown DSL to Python, etc) ?

Yes, but also what some other posters mentioned, making Pythons internal
parsing tree available to other programs (and to Python itself) by using
a widely used standard like XML as its datatype.

>> Then there are some people who keep insisting they don't understand what
>> I'm talking about until I simplify things enough to get them on-board,
>
> count me in then :(

Sorry about that.

>> but then simply dismiss my ideas with 'you can already do that easily
>> with this standard python construct'. This strategy was also eloquently
>> refuted by some other poster, so I don't need to repeat it :-)
>>
>> I've gotten a lot of things to think about, so thanks all for your
>> thoughts, but since this is getting way above my head I'll just wimp out
>> and leave the rest of the thread to the experts!
>
> No way you will escape from your responsabilities so easily !-)

Ok, count me back in then too :-) Of course I will be available for
further discussion. If more than ten people demand a PEP and no better
champion is available (very unlikely) I'll even write a proposal.

Anton