tkinter: making widgets instance or not?

Tue Jun 6 15:56:38 EDT 2006

John Salerno wrote:

> 2. Related to your comment, the obvious problem here is that it doesn't
> save references to the text box names, so I can't access them later. Is
> there still a way to automate the process like I've done, but have each
> entry field have a separate name?

A thought about this: maybe I can pass in the name of what I'd like the
entry field to be called as another parameter, then after the entry
object is created I can say something like:

self.<myname> = self.entry

Of course, I'm not sure how to write the left side, because I assume I'd
have to pass in my new name as a string, but a string wouldn't work as
an instance variable.

Also, would there be any problems with this kind of assignment? Any
weird reference problems that makes this not really work?