Amara installation

mirandacascade at yahoo.com mirandacascade at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 08:23:08 EDT 2006

O/S WinXP Home
Vsn of Python: 2.4

Wish to install Amara.  Using amara-allinone-1.0.win32-py2.4.exe
(2965KB)

Forder structure before installation:

c:
  python24
    DLLs
    Doc
    Include
    Lib
      site-packages
        [previously installed stuff]
    libs
    scripts
    tcl
    tools

When I run install, the install program indicates:

Python directory: c:\python24\
Installation directory: c:\python24\lib\site-packages\

After install, folder structrue is:

Vsn of Python: 2.4

Wish to install Amara.  Using amara-allinone-1.0.win32-py2.4.exe
(2965KB)

Forder structure after installation:

c:
  python24
    DLLs
    Doc
    Include
    Lib
      site-packages
        [previously installed stuff]
    libs
    python24                 <<<--
      lib                     <<<--
        site-packages        <<<--  new amara files/folders appear
          amara               <<<--  to be installed here
          ft                   <<<--
        scripts                <<<--
        share                  <<<--
    scripts
    tcl
    tools

I was expecting the new amara files/folders to be installed within the
existing c:\python24\ folder structure...wasn't expecting it to create
a new ...\python24\ folder within the parent ...\python24\ folder.

My questions:
1) has anyone else observed this when installing?
2) should I move the newly installed files/folders into the
previously-existing folder structure?  as long as I don't remove
files/folders, is there any risk of causing a previously installed site
package that worked to no longer work?