Bundling an application with third-party modules

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 14 19:58:12 EDT 2006

"utabintarbo" <utabintarbo at gmail.com> writes:

> 1. py2exe/csFreeze-type thing. This would even relieve the customer
> of installing python

Not really what I need. I only want to have installation control over
*some* of the modules, and leave Python and other dependencies up to
the administrator to manage. The application consists of many
programs, so bundling Python-and-many-modules with *each* one makes no
sense.

> 2. An Installshield-type installer can place files (essentially)
> wherever you want them

That's a large part of my question. How can I lay out these modules
sensibly during installation so they'll be easily available to, but
specific to, my application?

--
 \    "Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions."  -- Henry N. Camp |
Ben Finney