what are you using python language for?

Claudio Grondi claudio.grondi at freenet.de
Wed Jun 7 07:04:24 EDT 2006

hacker1017 wrote:
> im just asking out of curiosity.

It appears to me, that the natural language is not enough to record
thoughts/observations/enlightenments for being reviewed and used with
ease after a longer time, as for this purpose it is necessary to include
in such records some sort of activity and/or interactivity and this
requires utilization of a computer and a programming language.

Usage of Python (on top of the English language I am not native speaker
of and HTML way of formatting texts) saves me the work of documenting
the very basics of the programming language add-on used on top of
natural language for above purpose as it comes with documentation of own
elements
[i.e. keywords and concepts in form of definitions like: global_stmt ::=
"global" identifier ("," identifier)*]
from the very basic parser point of view.
Python makes an intuitive way of expressing algorithms and processes
easier by having many of for this purpose useful concepts already built-in.
By the way:
   Which other programming languages provide documentation also via
giving definitions of keywords and concepts? Are there e.g. similar
definitions
[i.e e.g.: global_stmt ::= "global" identifier ("," identifier)*]
available for C/C++, Java, JavaScript?

Short expressed:
I use Python (and its huge amount of available modules) mainly as an
extension on top of natural English language and HTML formatted texts
leveraging this way the (re)use of textual recordings of ideas by
turning plain ASCII texts into interactive and searchable multimedia
content.

Claudio