SWIG problems with gcc and Cygwin?

Michael Yanowitz m.yanowitz at kearfott.com
Tue Jun 27 07:46:15 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+m.yanowitz=kearfott.com at python.org
[mailto:python-list-bounces+m.yanowitz=kearfott.com at python.org]On Behalf
Of Steve Holden
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:55 AM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: SWIG problems with gcc and Cygwin?

Michael Yanowitz wrote:
>   No response yet. The SWIG test works fine in Linux no problems.
> However, I still have the problem in Cygwin.
>   Also, not sure if related but I do have a win32 Python 2.4.3 and
> Cygwin Python 2.4.1. Not sure if there are any conflicts. Any advice
> in making these two co-exist?
>   The only C/C++ compiler I have presently is Cygwin gcc.

I wouldn't claim to be an expert but it looks like you are missing
libraries. Shouldn't you at least be loading -l c to get functions
defined in libc?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Love me, love my blog  http://holdenweb.blogspot.com

   Possibly. I thought of that, but Linux doesn't require that I link in
the C Library. Maybe Cygwin does or maybe a parameter is needed in gcc
to do that automatically. The sample program (in
http://www.swig.org/tutorial.html )
does not mention this.

Thanks:
Michael Yanowitz