Help req: Problems with MySQLdb

rodmc userprogoogle-139 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 05:22:27 EDT 2006

I have written an application that connects to a database on a remote
machine which uses MySQLdb 1.2.0. The application works perfectly when
connecting to the database from a remote machine, however when it
attempts to connect to a database on the same machine a connection
error is generated. I have attached what little info I can below.

DBSERVERIP = "1.2.3.4"
db = MySQLdb.connect(host=DBSERVERIP, user="user", passwd="password",
db="nuke")
--- it refuses to connect on the above line and the exception is caught
and a message displayed.

I have tried changing the server IP to "localhost" or the hostname,
however the same problem arises.

Information: Python 2.3.5, MySQLdb 1.2.0, MySQL 5.0.21 and Windows 2K
pro.

I would be grateful for any help with this problem.

Kind regards,

rod