creating a new database with mysqldb

Frithiof Andreas Jensen frithiof.jensen at die_spammer_die.ericsson.com
Thu Jun 1 08:03:58 EDT 2006

"John Salerno" <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
news:gcKag.2113$No6.46302 at news.tufts.edu...
> Since the connect method of mysqldb requires a database name, it
seems
> like you can't use it without having a database already created.

The web hotel I use create *one* database together with the account.

I.O.W:

I cannot create any databases; I can create/delete as many tables as I
like within the database (up to the disk space that I have). This is
pretty normal, I think.