An oddity in list comparison and element assignment

michael.f.ellis at gmail.com michael.f.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 17:57:49 EDT 2006

Truthfully, I wouldn't mind it at all.  In Python, I frequently write
things like
   i == int(f)
or vice versa just to avoid subtle bugs that sometimes creep in when
later modifications to code change the original assumptions.

When working in C, I always set the compiler for maximum warnings and
do my damndest to make them all go away. In the long run, time spent on
rigorous coding always repays itself with interest in time saved
debugging.

Mike