Writing PNG with pure Python

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jun 14 19:51:59 EDT 2006

"Johann C. Rocholl" <jcrocholl at googlemail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney schrieb:
> > Simplify. Please don't attempt to write yet another set of license
> > terms without expert legal assistance. You've already chosen the
> > Expat license as being acceptable; use that, and you grant all the
> > rest without even mentioning it.
>
> Sorry for my stubborn ignorance, and thank you for your patient
> explanations.

No problems; if license proliferation can be reduced, it's worth
spending some time to do so.

> I think I finally got it: I'll put the bulk of my browsershots
> project under the GNU GPL again, and the independent library parts
> like png.py under the Expat License.

Sounds quite workable. This has the effect that the work as a whole
can be redistributed under the GNU GPL (since the Expat license allows
this), and the library parts can be redistributed independently under
just about any license.

--
 \     "As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we |
  `\     should be glad to serve others by any invention of ours."  -- |