code is data

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 08:43:38 EDT 2006

Anton Vredegoor <anton.vredegoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I knew of the existence of such languages but I am
> mostly interested in standardized code interchange, like for
> example with JSONP which fetches some external javascriptcode
> from another server using JSON and places the translated
> javascript into a webpage at the request of the clients browser
> or so it seems. Maybe a Python webserver could also emit pieces
> of javascript code by getting them from a *Python* code library
> after translating Python code on the fly?
>

> Anton

I have no idea how close it is to what you are talking about, but pypy
does have some sort of python->javascript support:

http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/getting-
started.html#translating-the-flow-graph-to-javascript-code

About two thirds down, if the above link is broken:

http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/getting-started.html

max