how to switch from os.tmpnam to os.tmpfile

Maric Michaud maric at aristote.info
Thu Jun 8 10:32:24 EDT 2006

Le Jeudi 08 Juin 2006 15:30, Harold Fellermann a écrit :
> to os.tmpfile() which is supposed to be safer, but I do not know how to
> get
> the path information from the file object returned by tmpfile(). any
> clues?
There is no path for tmpfile, once it's closed, the file and its content are
lost. from the doc :
" The file has no directory entries associated with it and will be
automatically deleted once there are no file descriptors for the file."

You must maintain a reference to it in your program untill you don't need it
anymore.

--

Maric Michaud

Aristote - www.aristote.info