PyExcelerator

tkpmep at hotmail.com tkpmep at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 2 13:39:36 EDT 2006

I write data to Excel files using PyExcelerator 0.6.3.a and have done
so successfully for small files (10-15 cells). I'm experiencing an
error when writing a big chunk of data (10,000 cells) to Excel. By way
of comparison, the same data writes perfectly well to a csv file using
Python's built in csv module. I run the program in PyScripter, and the
traceback shows the following sequence of calls:

main                          (my routine)
writeData                    (my routine)
save                           Line 563
get_biff_data               Line 548
get_biff_data               Line 1357
__row_blocks_rec       Line 1276
get_cells_biff_data      Line 200
get_biff_data               Line 106

SystemError: frexp() result out of range

The line it stops at in get_biff_data is the line that starts with
packed =

def get_biff_data(self):
        rk_encoded = 0

        packed = struct.pack('<d', self.__number)

Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

Sincerely

Thomas Philips