Which compiler will Python 2.5 / Windows (Intel) be built with?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Thu Jun 15 16:36:13 EDT 2006

Scott David Daniels napisał(a):

> The disruption in Python 2.4 in switching from one compiler (VC6) to
> another VS2003 was not insubstantial.  By sticking with VS2003, sometime
> users can at least use the same tool for Python 2.4 and Python 2.5.  It
> does seem inevitable we will have to switch for 2.6.  We are very far
> along in the process of releasing Python 2.5 (beta1 is due out soon),
> and rebuilding and testing with a new translation system is too big a
> change at this point.
>
> Note there was strong resistance to leaving VC6 for Python 2.4.  That
> resistance was overcome only by the fact that it was no longer possible
> to purchase suitable versions of VC6.

Fcuk, now it's nearly impossible to buy VC2003 toolkit. What now?
Shouldn't Python dev team switch to current MS compiler?

Sorry, gals and guys, but if you force us to buy something irrelevant
like VC2003, you will not get our sympathy. How should I explain my boss
that we need to buy one Pro license more, just to be able to build our
Python app? Please, don't left us with pants down.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/