Python database access

vasudevram vasudevram at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 13:18:53 EDT 2006

Yes, Steve is right. Sorry for the mistake. In my case, I don't use
Active Python, I use the vanilla Python for Windows (the .msi installer
from python.org) and then immediately install the win32all package,
link to which is usually on the same page as the MSI. I do this as a
routine, whenever I upgrade my Windows Python version. Mainly use
win32all for the PythonWin IDE (a pretty decent one, particularly the
debugging support) which comes with it, though the win32all package
also has some support for using COM from Python.

So when I did an "import ODBC", since I had not separately installed an
ODBC module, I thought it was part of the Standard Library - whereas
its a part of win32all.

Vasudev
---
Vasudev Ram
Independent software consultant
Personal page: http://www.geocities.com/vasudevram
PDF conversion toolkit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf (written
in Python, requires Python v2.2 or higher, ReportLab toolkit
(http://www.reportlab.org) v1.17 or higher).
Blog on software innovation: http://jugad.livejournal.com
---