Python taught in schools?

MilkmanDan digitalsubjunctive at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 03:35:13 EDT 2006

I'll be a college freshman this fall, attending Florida Institute of
Tech studying electrical engineering.

I was considering taking some classes in programming and computer
science, and I happened to notice that everything taught is using C++.
After further research, it seems to me that C++ seems to be the
dominating language in universities.

By comparison, our local community college teaches a few classes in VB,
Java, Javascript, C++, and for some reason, PASCAL.

I'm certianly not against any of this, but out of curiousity does
anyone know of a school that teaches Python?