Pyrex list/array

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Jun 4 07:22:19 EDT 2006

    >> Is it substantially faster with psyco than without?  If psyco is
    >> performing its magic on the critical section of code already, you are
    >> going to lose that when switching to Pyrex.

    Jim> Yes but from what I read Pyrex can be a lot faster than psyco under
    Jim> the right circumstances.

I'm sure that's true.  That also means under the wrong circumstances it
might not. ;-)  Can you post the code that's running too slowly?

Also, note that psyco learned some new tricks at the recent NeedForSpeed
sprint. You might want to check out the latest version from Subversion and
give it a whirl.

Skip