a good programming text editor (not IDE)

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Thu Jun 15 19:16:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:52:49 -0700
BartlebyScrivener <rpdooling at gmail.com> wrote:

#> >> Most IDEs are rather weak as text editors compared to emacsen.
#>
#> That's true, but even emacs and xemacs don't offer simple automatic
#> word wrap (i.e. wrap a line without splitting words or putting an eol
#> or hard carriage return at the end of every line).

Of course it does... there is longlines.el and longlines-mode in my
copy of GNU Emacs:

,--------------------------------------------------
| Toggle Long Lines mode.
| In Long Lines mode, long lines are wrapped if they extend beyond
| `fill-column'.  The soft newlines used for line wrapping will not
| show up when the text is yanked or saved to disk.

I do not use it, personally, but it does exist.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

COMMAND: A suggestion made to a computer.