Eclipse IDE question

Markus Wankus markus_wankus at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 19:33:38 EDT 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:21:32 -0400, seerhut <seerhut at gmail.com> wrote:

> kilnhead wrote:
>> I am trying to use eclipse for python development. Is it possible to
>> run a python script without having to name/setup a configuration? Can
>> eclipse be set up so that "run" loads the code into the interpreter and
>> goes? I don't want to create a new run config every time I want to run
>> a script.
>>
> try pydev , a plugin for eclipse

I'm fairly certain the OP is already doing that...

As far as I know (I haven't used pydev in awhile) you need a launch
configuration for each script.  I do know you can run a script easily and
have the launch created for you just by right-clicking the file and saying
Run As > Python (I think).  Here is what the FAQ says:

How do I run a module from within eclipse using PyDev (either Python or
Jython)?

To do that, the easiest way is going to the Run menu (Run->Run As->Python
or Jython). If it is not available in your current eclipse perspective,
you can enable it by going to window->customize perspective->commands and
checking the "Lauch" item (in this way, you can go only with the keyboard).

Another way to run a module is right clicking the module in the navigator
and choosing python->run (when a .py file is selected).

Markus.