GUI Program Error

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Thu Jun 8 03:12:13 EDT 2006

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 17:38:39 GMT, John Salerno <johnjsal at NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:
[snip]
> But I will agree with you that it is confusing when it says, following
> the top = Tk() line, "Notice that a new blank window has appeared",
> because as you noticed, nothing appears yet. My only guess is that this
> is either a mistake, or the tutorial is a little old, because I think
> Tkinter used to behave differently in the interactive prompt than it
> does now.

It may be a platform-specific issue: On Unix/Linux, a window *does* appear
when you instantiate Tk, at least with tcl/tk 8.3 and 8.4 (which is the
latest stable version AFAIK).
'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"