wxPython GUI designer

DH no at spam.com
Sun Jun 18 16:18:50 EDT 2006

diffuser78 at gmail.com wrote:
> I am newbie learning wxPython. I tried using GUI designer called
> wxGlade. When it generated code I couldnt get the same level of
> flexibility as writing the code by oneself.
>
> Any view on what you think about using GUI designer tools.
>
> Every help is appreciated.

In my opinion none of the wx* or gtk* related designer tools are
any good.  QT Designer (which can be used with pyqt) is excellent,
however, you probably would only want to use that if you are
developing non-commercial software or else can afford a commercial
license from Trolltech.  For wx and gtk projects, I usually just write
the gui by hand like you have already been doing.