Database access through python using GUI(Tkinter)

Russell E. Owen no at spam.invalid
Thu Jun 29 15:14:18 EDT 2006

In article <1151572291.969023.299910 at b68g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "arvind" <arvind.mulay at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> i am accessing  sql+  database through python 2.4.3.
> i am using Tkinter to build my screens.
> how can i pass parameters on the click event of button from one
> function to the another?

What do you mean by this? If you mean clicking a button runs one
function and passes params to another, write a parent function:

def doit():
   results = func1(...)
   funct2(results)
btn = Tkinter.Button(..., command=doit)

> how can i run another file from current file?

What kind of file? If you mean a command-line executable, see the
subprocess module (new in python 2.4 but backwards compatible with 2.3
and worth using).

-- Russell