Python is fun (useless social thread) ;-)

Scott David Daniels scott.daniels at acm.org
Thu Jun 15 11:26:57 EDT 2006

BartlebyScrivener wrote:
>.... I am not touching OO, classes, or GUIs until I understand
> EVERYTHING else. Could take a few years. ;)

You know how modules separate globals, right?  That is, what you
write in one module doesn't affect the names in another module.
What classes (and hence OO) give you is a way of saying, "I'd
like something a bit like a module, but I'd like to make several
of them, and not have them interfere with each other."  That is
the big intuition about objects, the rest is just details.

--Scott David Daniels
scott.daniels at acm.org