What technologies should I use for my application manager?

MrBlueSky penneys at bigfoot.com
Sun Jun 25 14:37:15 EDT 2006

Hello!  I've just finished working on my first Python app (a
Tkinter-based program that displays the content of our application log
files in graphical format).   It was a great experience that's had a
very positive response from my colleagues.

So I'd like to try something different for my second Python
application.  It's a simple server that can launch and monitor the
state of our program, to help our software developers.  In my mind I
have a vision of:
* a web server
* allows the user to launch our product (choosing from a set of
different launch scripts)
* allow user to stop a launched product
* report state by retrieving data from the RDBMS against which the
product runs (Oracle or SQL Server)

There seem to be a lot of web server related Python libraries around,
and I've no experience in web servers at all.   So I'd really
appreciate some advice on what Python "technologies" you think I should
base my application on.

Thank you in advance!

John