UltraEdit and Python

Fri Jun 9 10:26:39 EDT 2006

gregory diaczok wrote:
> How do I sent up Ultra Edit to work w/ Python?

What do you mean?

> How do I get Ultra Edit to run a Python script currently in the edit window
> and supply results?

With much help from Kent Johnson, I have the following line set up in a
custom Tool Configuration:
C:\Python24\pythonw C:\Python24\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw -r "%f"

So I just press F5 and the script gets run in IDLE. I get the nice error
messages, or hopefully it just works! :)

> I can't figure out how to get Ultra Edit to invoke the Python debugger to
> allow stepping through a Python script and view each line reults?

Not sure about the debugger. Do you mean using the pdb module?

> How do I set pause / break points  in Ultra Edit for a Python script?

I don't think you can normally, but maybe you can write a macro to do
this. Not sure how though.