How do you practice Python?

Doug Bromley doug.bromley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 05:38:41 EDT 2006

On 6/2/06, Norbert Kaufmann <norbert at akumakun.de> wrote:

> Ray wrote:
> [...]
> > Um, I mean, what if you have to use something other than
> > Python/Jython/IronPython? :) How do you keep your Python skill sharp?
> >

> You could use IPython as your primary shell. Than you have the
> opportunity to do all these nasty automation tasks -- create test data,
> deploy configuration files, search in logfiles for errors, etc. -- for
> your project in Python.
>
> Convince your project manager to develop prototypes. No one in your
> company is better and faster in prototyping than the Python expert Ray.
>
> HTH
>
> Norbert
>
> --
> It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
> --

I've got a couple of posts at my blog that could help you here because I've
often had your problem with new languages.
http://straw-dogs.co.uk/blog/01/26/practice-makes-perfect/  <-- A list of
resources such as quizes, practice, games, tests and info.
http://straw-dogs.co.uk/blog/05/31/scripting-an-easy-life/  <-- Just some
ideas for automating tasks on your system(s).

All the best.

Doug