[OT] code is data

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Jun 19 17:51:35 EDT 2006

>> because lots of people know how to describe XML transformations, and
>> there are plenty of tools that implement such transformations efficiently ?
>
> Efficiently enough for dynamic (runtime) use ?

Using XML-transformation for AST manipulation isn't my first choice
either - yet efficiency concerns aren't really the point here - after
all we're talking about generating code, which would be pretty useless
if the work was to be done by the transformation instead of that very
code generated ...

So the question is: do XML/XSL give an advantage here? As I said - I
personally don't think so, IMHO a standard reducer using a decent
visitor is easy enough  and works well. But your (or better Fredrik's) MMV.

Diez