how to print newline in xml?

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Thu Jun 1 13:41:33 EDT 2006

"anatoli.barski at googlemail.com" <anatoli.barski at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for a possible solution, but it's not what I'm looking for,
> cause something like <!-- comment --> would look quite similar... for
> big elements like robot it would be ok to use comment as a child of
> element - but imagine I'd like to comment transformation:
>
> <transformation x="0" y="0" z="0"/> I wouldn't like to make this
> element parent of a description - it is not nice - I have lots of such
> elements.

Then add the comment to the parent of transformation, or an other option
might be:

<transformation x="0" y="0" z="0" description="some description"/>

> It is important that a user after having a glance at the document is
> able to quickly find and change some values. I don't want to bother
> him with reading documentation nodes - but if he needs - they should
> be there... the only possible solution I can think of would be:
>
> <Robot>
>   <verbose mode="enabled"/>                    <!-- enabled, disabled
> -->

Several of your comments are stating the obvious, it's like:

x++    	increments the value x contains with one

>     <DH>                                       <!-- Denavit Hartenberg

Picking a better name would solve that problem. DenavitHartenberg might be
a bit long though.

BTW: don't top post.

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/